• Mendota Heights Account Executive

Mendota Heights Businesses

 

Patterson Companies Inc.
 

Building connections for healthier communities - Patterson Companies and our dedicated teams create healthier communities by building strong partnerships, one person at a time. We connect expertise to inspired ideas, products and services while creating a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our clients and their customers.
 

As a market leading dental and animal health company, we supply technology, products and equipment, as well as marketing, support and logistics services across North America and the U.K.
 

Minnesota Knitting Mills

Our company was founded in 1908 by Harry and Meyer Kuller, as well as other business partners, under the name of H. Kuller Knitting in St. Paul, Minnesota, to knit, cut, and sew finished products. In 1917, Harry became the sole owner and renamed the company to Minnesota Knitting Mills, Inc. (MKM), located at 503/507 West 7th Street, St. Paul, Mn. Harry’s sons, Nate and M. B. joined the company in 1922.  In 1941, M. B.’s son Ted Kuller also began working for MKM.  In 1942, Merrill Kuller also joined the company.  Then in 1949, Harold (Bunny) Kuller became the third brother to enter the business at age 13. In 1951, MKM outgrew its space and moved to 213 East 4th Street, St. Paul, across from Union Depot.  
 

In 1956, an atmospheric dye plant was added to the facility In 1973, a site at 1450 Mendota Heights Road was built.  This is where MKM resides today. As the company grew, additional square footage was built onto the facility in 1988 and again in 1994.In 1990, MKM bought Trim Knits in Texas, which was later moved to Minnesota. MKM also purchased Knits USA in 2000 to expand product offerings in the trim and award jackets/apparel market.
 

Minnesota Knitting Mills, Inc.  has a rich history steeped in dedication, determination, and drive.  This family-owned company has been in business for 106 years and boasts trademarks of quality, consistency, custom colors and 100% made in the USA. Harold “Bunny” Kuller, who started with the company in 1949, is now our Chairman of the Board and Owner. Our strongest asset has been the relationships we’ve built with our customers and the ability to work with them to produce high quality end products. We recognize the importance of all employees to be treated with respect and dignity and believe their contributions to be paramount to our overall success.
 

Manna Freight Systems

Freight is what we do, and have done since our founding in 1991 in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro. Our reach, however, takes us into every ZIP Code in America, and major Canadian markets, serving nationally known brands with a wide array of services. Manna has proudly been an industry leader, pushing the freight industry through innovations like online consumer scheduling, a web portal into our operating system for order visibility, and highly automated processes. Each of our brands focuses on a separate industry segment, vary narrowly targeting prospects in those segments and honing separate skills in each over time. The transportation and delivery/installation of products to homes and businesses is our heart and soul. We do not claim to do it all or be your one-stop solution. We prefer, instead, to narrow our focus, become experts and partners, and solve some of our customers’ most pernicious transportation and logistics issues. Our brands each have a website where you can read case studies and other presentations that share our expertise built over a generation in the business of making things move across the country.

The logistics industry is seeking highly motivated, energetic people of all ages and backgrounds to keep those goods flowing. Take a look at our career site to see our own openings and give some thought to a lucrative and exciting career in transportation today.

History of Mendota Heights

The history of Mendota Heights as it is known today begins at the turn of the 18th century, when in 1699 the French explorer Pierre Charles Le Sueur sailed past the bluffs looking for copper. Later French and English explorers and traders were close behind him, and in the 1700s both pursued the fur trade at the confluence of the Minnesota and Mississippi rivers, the Dakota word “mdo-te”, meaning “meeting of the waters” was the origin of the name Mendota.
 

The Mendota area was acquired in the Louisiana Purchase of 1803, and after being renamed twice in two years, this area of the Louisiana Territory was standing on the brink of making history. In 1805, James Wilkinson, the commanding general of the U.S. Army, and governor of the Upper Louisiana Territory, sent Lt. Zebulon Pike to the upper Mississippi river with orders to find the source of the river, purchase sites from Native Americans for future military posts, and bring a few important chiefs back to St. Louis for talks. Pike purchased over 155,000 acres, including over half of modern Mendota Heights. Construction on what would be Fort Snelling in the now renamed Missouri Territory began in 1819.
 

By the 1820’s a government ferry operated across the Minnesota River, connecting the fort and the city of Mendota, which had sprung up quickly around the American Fur Company post that had been opened in 1825. Nearby Pilot Knob, named in the original Congressional Minnesota territorial bill as the capitol site of the territory, served as an important reference point for steamboat pilots, the first of which, the Virginia, arrived in 1823.
 

The settlement, important economically and militarily, grew steadily and in 1834, Henry Sibley arrived to manage the trading post. He built a stone warehouse and home, and became the civilian host for visiting explorers, statesmen, writers, artists, and international guests. Sibley was elected as a delegate to congress in 1848 for the now renamed Wisconsin Territory. He returned home in 1849 with a new Territory of Minnesota extending from the St. Croix to Missouri River. The Minnesota bill’s sponsor, Senator Steven Douglas of Illinois, had included Mendota as the capital. Sibley proposed and won St. Paul, which was open to settlement, in place of Mendota.

The 1850s had come with Mendota as a part of the Minnesota Territory, where it would stay. In 1851, the northeast side of Pilot Knob was the meeting place chosen by the Dakota for the signing of the Treaty of Mendota, which opened the lands west of the Mississippi, including Dakota County, to settlement. Father Augustine Ravoux built the church of St. Peter in 1853. It is the oldest church in continuous use in Minnesota.

In 1858, the village of Mendota became part of the newly formed Mendota Township, where it would remain until 1887 until it was incorporated once again as a village. 1926 witnessed another historical moment when the Mendota Bridge, the longest poured concrete bridge in the world at the time, was completed.

On February 21, 1956, the residents of the remainder of Mendota Township voted to incorporate as the Village of Mendota Heights.

  • Home
  • United Promotions - Mendota Heights MN Promotional Products and Custom Embroidery